The City of Hamilton’s “Make a Difference Day Clean-Up” will be held this Saturday, October 25 from 9 a.m. to noon at various locations throughout the city.
The City has designated 10 neighborhoods for the city-wide clean up. These neighborhood locations are listed below with meeting locations in parentheses:
- 2nd ward (Bailey Square on South Second Street)
- 5th ward (Crawford Woods School on Hensley Avenue)
- Downtown (The Presbyterian Church on Front Street)
- German Village (The Carriage House on Village Street)
- 4th Ward (Roosevelt School on South 12th Street)
- Lindenwald (Heaven Sent on Pleasant Avenue)
- North End (Ball Fields on Joe Nuxhall Boulevard)
- Rossville (Partners in Prime on Ross Avenue),
- West Side (Lowe’s on Main Street),
- Large Group (City Hall at 345 High Street).
Volunteers should plan on meeting at the aforementioned locations at 9:00 a.m. and dress in comfortable working clothes and shoes. Cotton gloves and garbage bags will be provided. Dump trucks will be placed in each of the neighborhood locations where volunteers can dispose of their bags.
Volunteers will be focusing their efforts on picking up loose trash throughout the City. Volunteers will not collect garbage set out at the curb or any of the following items: appliances, monitors or tv’s, hazardous waste or construction items.
To volunteer for the clean-up call Program Coordinator for Volunteers, Karen Wittmer at 513-844-8050.