Supports to Encourage Low-Income Families (SELF) is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Janet Clemmons Community Service Award, which is given annually in honor of the late founder of SELF. Founded in 1995 by Butler County Commissioner Janet Clemmons, SELF offers services designed to help low-income individuals gain and retain employment and build and maintain financial assets so they can achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Mrs. Clemmons understood the challenges faced by disadvantaged families and those who serve them. The award is presented in her memory and honors community members who have provided significant support and service to the low-income people of Butler County, primarily through their volunteer efforts. The 2015 Janet Clemmons Community Service Award nominees will be honored at SELF’s Night at the Derby, Kentucky Derby-themed annual awards dinner on April 17, 2015 at Receptions Banquet Hall in Fairfield.
If you know someone who has gone above and beyond in helping low-income people in Butler County, please nominate them today! A nomination form and instructions are available at http://www.selfhelps.org and at all SELF offices. Nominations are due February 13, 2015. For more information, contact Beth Race at 513-820-5009 or email@example.com.
Past Recipients of SELF’s Janet Clemmons Community Service Award
- 2014: Jim Lusk, Middletown Police Officer and Community Volunteer
- 2013: Butch Hubble, Hamilton Community Council
- 2012: Stephen Bernat, Hamilton attorney with Legal Aid Society’s Volunteer Lawyers Project
- 2011: Christine Birhanzl of Trenton and the American Red Cross, Butler County Office
- 2010: Bill Fugate, SHALOM in Middletown
- 2009: Bill Teets, Lebanon
- 2008: Joel Fink, Butler County United Way, Hamilton
- 2007: Jeanene Cotton, Hamilton
- 2006: Roy & Pat Ickes, SHALOM, Middletown
- 2005: Thomas Fritsch, The Maureen L. Fritsch Cancer Assistance Fund
- 2004: Carla and Robby Rice, Fairfield
- 2003: Roscoe Riddell, Living Word Church’s Food Pantry
- 2002: Linda Kimble, Serve City, Hamilton
- 2001: Bobbie Chapman, Open Door Food Pantry, Hamilton
- 2000: Robert “Sonny” Hill, Middletown City Council
- 1999: Iris Abbott, Job Club Coach, Butler County Joint Vocational School
- 1998: Nancy Caudill, Hope House, Middletown
- 1997: Janet Clemmons, Butler County Commissioner
The Janet Clemmons Community Service Award for 2015 will be presented at SELF’s annual awards dinner April 17, 2015 and all nominees will be honored for their service to the community. Nominations are due by February 13, 2015.
- List any and all committees, organizations or boards the nominee is actively supporting and how they are supporting them.
- Highlight how the nominee goes above and beyond in helping low-income individuals and families in Butler County.
- Provide any personal information that supports your nomination.
Nominations should be sent to: Beth Race, SELF, P.O. Box 1322, Hamilton, Ohio 45012 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be received by Feb. 13, 2015 by 5 p.m.